Jump Main Menu. Go directly to the main content

Monuments

Start of main content

Co-cathedral of Santa María

Co-cathedral of Santa María

Religious architecture

Opening hours: Mondays to Sundays, from 10 am to 1 pm and from 6 pm to 8 pm. It depends of religious services.

Direction: Plaza de Santa María, 5, Guadalajara.

Telephone: 949 220 253

Web: Visit the website

The co-cathedral of Santa María de la Fuente is in the square of the same name on one side of calle Doctor Santiago Ramón y Cajal.

Free entry.

This church, the origins of which date back to the end of the 13th century or the beginning of the 14th, features three main styles: Mudejar, with defines the brick doorways and the tower which was originally free standing; Renaissance, added in the early 16th century and found in the portico with its typical Alcarria capitals, and finally Barroque found in the interior vault.

The interior of the co-cathedral, which consists of three naves and is supported by pointed arches, has been extensively modified over the years. It contains a series of chapels, tombstones, altars and other works of art, among which one of the most noteworthy is the polychrome altarpiece painted by Friar Francisco Mir in 1624.

Accessibility

  • Difficult approach route.
  • There is a step at the entrance door.

How to get there

End of main content