Jump Main Menu. Go directly to the main content

Start of main content

Convento de Carmelitas de San JoséCarmelite Convent of San José. 17th century

Close to the co-cathedral of Santa María in calle Ingeniero Mariño is the Carmelite convent of San José, the building of which began in 1625 to the plans of the Carmelite architect Friar Alberto de la Madre de Dios.

The coats of arms of the convent’s founders, the Frías and Mendoza families, run from left to right across the façade of the church, whilst the Carmelite coat of arms is positioned over the convent doorway.

Information brochure in pdf.

Accesibility

The approach to the entrance is on a slope.

End of main content